WOAH Zucchini Season is here, and it’s not stoppin’ for nobody!
If you belong to a CSA or have your own veggie garden, you know what I mean. No matter how many we use, we almost always still have 4 more in the refrigerator.
Over the years, I’ve gotten pretty crafty when it comes up using this summer squash; shredded in salads, on sandwiches, tacos, lasagna, there is really no recipe I won’t use it in.
But I have to say, my favorite way to use this summertime staple is definitely muffins, preferably ones that are super moist and contain chocolate chips… Just sayin:)
Grain Free Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup flax meal + ¼ cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour (we like Bob's Red Mill brand)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 scoops protein powder (we used Sacha Inchi Protein)
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg F. Line muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix flax and water and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes. Then add oil, bananas, sweetener, vanilla, zucchini and almond milk in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients and stir. Add the medium bowl to the large bowl and stir well.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Should make 12-14 full muffins... ours made 12 large muffins but I ate a good amount of batter before putting them in the oven:)
- Bake for 26 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating. They will be slightly under cooked, which allows for a more moist muffin.