White Bean Kale Soup
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) can white beans
- 2 carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 asparagus shoots
- 1 (14oz) can garbanzo beans
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. rosemary
- ½ Tbsp. thyme
- 4 stalks of kale (stems removed)
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- sea salt and pepper
- Turn oven to broil.
- Wash and chop asparagus into bite size sticks. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Place asparagus and garbanzo beans in a large Pyrex and add olive oil and a dash of sea salt, mix around.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes. Then take out and stir, place in oven for another 5 minutes and then remove.
- Next wash and chop sweet potatoes and carrots into cubes. Chop onion and garlic add all chopped vegetables to a large soup pot. Add vegetable broth and water, turn heat to high and bring water to a boil. Allow to boil for 3-5 minutes and turn down to medium.
- Add rinsed white beans, kale and all seasonings. Cook until carrots and sweet potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Then place ¾ of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add contents of the blender back into the pot and stir well.
- Serve soup and top with garbanzo beans and asparagus.
*Soup is also great with the Grands Ol’ Biscuits recipe, found in the next section