Vegetable Pad Thai
This recipe is great paired with crispy tofu - > http://theseasonaldiet.com/crispy-tofu
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 box brown rice noodles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small leeks or scallions
- 1 small crown of broccoli
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tamari
- 1 Tbsp. red curry powder
- 6 Tbsp. peanuts
- sriracha chili sauce (optional)
- Cook tofu according to directions.
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Place brown rice noodles in water, cover and turn off heat. Let noodles sit in water until ready to use.
- In a sauté pan add the sesame oil and turn heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and broccoli to pan, cook until soft - about 5 minutes.
- Now add bean sprouts, apple cider vinegar, tamari and red curry, stir until well combined.
- Next, drain the brown rice noodles. Turn down the heat on the sauté pan to low, add noodles and stir well.
- Turn off heat and divide the pad thai onto plates or bowls, top with peanuts, tofu, and sriracha to add some spice.