Well you guys this recipe doesn’t include any ingredients from my CSA Box but it’s so delicious I just had to share it! I don’t know about you but growing up one of my favorite summer desserts was banana cream pudding with vanilla wafers.
The version I used to love is full of processed ingredients, sugar, dairy and gluten. I knew their had to be a healthier way to enjoy an old time favorite, and boy was I right!
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 9 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- ¾ cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 3 Bananas
- Non-Dairy Whip Cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix together coconut oil, sugar, milk and vanilla. Next add flour and baking powder, mix well until dough starts to form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out 1 tsp. worth of cookie dough and place on baking sheet. Cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Once cooked allow to cool.
- While cookies are cooling in a high speed blender place chia seeds and coconut milk. Pulse a few times to mix up. Allow chia mixture to sit in blender for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes has passed, blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Then add vanilla, maple syrup and 1 banana to the blender. Blend on high for 30 more seconds. Pour contents of the blender into a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Once chia pudding is chilled and you are ready to assemble, get out 3 bowls or glasses. Place 2 spoonfuls of chia pudding in the bottom of the dishes, top with 3 banana slices, 1 vanilla wafer and a squirt of whip cream if using. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
If you enjoyed this recipe please give us a rating in the comments below. Thanks! ~S&P