In the past year it’s come to my attention that I have a serious love for tahini… or more like Peter brought it to my attention:)
I was telling someone we go through about 1 jar a month. He quickly reminded me it’s more like 1 jar a week! 2 weeks if we are lucky! Ya that actually sounds more accurate.
No surprise as I would pick it over almond butter or peanut butter any day!
But it didn’t start out that way, I used to think it was really strong tasting, and I could only use a little bit.
Now I lick the spoon, always:)
If you have some tahini in your fridge you should make this dressing AND salad right away.
Now if you don’t have any tahini in your refrigerator, I suggest Soom Foods Tahini.
You might recognize Soom from THIS Nut Butter Post… we went crazy for their Chocolate Sesame Butter (chocolate tahini, um yes!).
I really love this brand and think this tahini is perfect, as it’s not too strong of a flavor and has a really nice, smooth consistency.
So get your Tahini out and let’s put it to good use!!
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- water to thin out (this will depend on how thick your tahini is, but keep dressing on the thick side)
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 2 radishes
- 1 apple
- 1 avocado
- Make dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients together in a food processor or by hand in a glass bowl. Add water at your discretion (with the Soom Tahini you shouldn't really need any).
- Make salad by washing and chopping all salad ingredients and placing in a large bowl.
- To make the salad more interesting try cutting vegetables in different shapes. We love using a cheese grater for shredding zucchini and carrots.
And now you know what to get me for my Birthday:) Are you a Tahini Lover? Leave a comment below – I am super curious how you use Tahini!