Sweet Sauted Chard
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 3-4 leafs of chard
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 package quinoa pasta
- ¼ cup basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and chop chard, remove the stem at the base of the leafs.
- Next chop garlic and place that in frying pan over medium heat with olive oil. Cook for about 1 minute. Next add chard and stir. Cook chard for about 2 minutes.
- Next place pine nuts, cranberries and balsamic vinegar in frying pan; cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve alone or over pasta (if serving with pasta see directions below)
- For pasta, cook according to package instructions. Once done add olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh basil.
- Place cooked chard on top and serve.