Sweet Potato Macaroni
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 box quinoa macaroni
- ½ cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup+ coconut milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ red onion
- ½ Tbsp. granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- cayenne (optional)
- In a large pot on high heat boil 4 cups of water. Place diced sweet potato in boiling water. Cook until you can pierce the potatoes with a fork (5-8 min).
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, remove potatoes (saving the water) and place them into a blender.
- Put macaroni into the reserved boiling water (you may have to add more water) and cook according to package directions. 5 minutes before macaroni is done cooking add broccoli and stir well.
- While macaroni cooks place nutritional yeast, milk, red onion, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne into the blender with the sweet potatoes. Blend on high; should turn into a thick sauce.
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Drain macaroni and broccoli. Place back in empty pot. Pour the blender sauce over the macaroni/broccoli and stir well.
- Turn stove onto medium and heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!