Squash-Ocado & Rice
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup red onion
- 4 Tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut open the squash by cutting it lengthwise. Remove the seeds and coat the inside with a little coconut oil.
- Place squash on baking sheet face down, bake for 40 minutes until the inside is soft.
- While squash is baking, cook brown rice.
- Follow package instructions or cook 1 cup rice to 2 cups boiling water.
- Once rice is cooking, mash up avocado and set aside. Then chop red onion and set aside.
- When the squash and rice is finished cooking you can assemble by placing a scoop or two of rice inside of the squash, topping with a little Braggs, and then red onion followed by a scoop of mashed avocado.