Rosemary Buckwheat Bites
These started out like cornbread but we wanted more protein so we added buckwheat, and well, they didn’t taste like cornbread at all, but they ARE square :). So call them what you will, but either way they’re a super healthy bread alternative. Benefit: Protein. Buckwheat is loaded with protein. 1 cup has over 20 grams of protein! And it’s a super easily digestible grain, perfect for those with sensitive stomachs.
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1½ cups cornmeal (get organic)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. flax meal
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1½ cups water
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next mix together wet ingredients in one bowl, allow flax to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the wet to dry and stir again.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with honey or any type of spread.
These are great with chili or soup.