Pink Passion Fruit Quinoa
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 passion fruit
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. almonds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint
- dash of sea salt
- 1 acorn squash, cooked (as a serving bowl)
- Bring 1½ cups of water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Rinse dry quinoa and add that to the sauce pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- While quinoa cooks, cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the insides, seeds and all. Place contents in a small bowl with balsamic and coconut sugar. Stir and set aside.
- Next chop pepper & almonds and place in a small skillet/frying pan. Turn heat to low and lightly sauté for 5 minutes.
- Next chop mint for garnish.
- To assemble, place quinoa in a large dish and pour in passion fruit sauce, stir well. Next add peppers and almonds and top with fresh mint and a dash of salt.
- Eat quinoa alone or stuff inside squash or even over a nice green salad.