Pho Soba Soup
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 package buckwheat noodles
- 1 lime
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 head broccolini or broccoli
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 package sprouted tofu*
- ¼ cup tamari*
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice (or 2 stars of anise)
- 4 cups vegetarian pho starter broth
- Prepare 1 batch of Crispy Tofu, if using
- Next cook noodles according to package directions. When finished cooking, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Bring pho starter broth to a boil and add seasoning if using. Add chopped broccolini and soba noodles. Stir well breaking up the noodles. Cover and turn down to medium.
- While soup is cooking, chop limes, mint, jalapeno (remove seeds) and set on a plate with bean sprouts. After 5 minutes, pour soup into bowls, top with tofu (if using), mint, jalapeno and bean sprouts.
- Squeeze a lime over the bowl and enjoy!