Pesto Pizza Bowl
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- ½ a head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
- ½ an onion, sliced into strips
- 1 box gluten-free pasta
- ¼ cup greek olives, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (we used store bought in a jar)
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- coconut oil
- 2 ½ cups basil
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp. miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- Turn oven to broil.
- Add cauliflower to a medium-size bowl and add a little coconut oil and sea salt. Mix with your hands. Feel free to add a little smoked paprika if you have any on hand.
- Add cauliflower to baking sheet and broil for 10-15 minutes, it will depend on how small you cut them. You want them almost done.
- Then add onion slices to the same baking sheet as the cauliflower and place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- While vegetables are in the oven, cook pasta according to package directions, use a large pot if you can.
- Next, make the pesto by placing all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Once all three of those are done, it’s time to put it together. In the same pot you cooked the pasta, add drained and rinsed pasta, cooked vegetables and pesto, stir well.
- Dish out servings, top with tomatoes, olives and 1 spoonful of pizza sauce
- Serve hot!