Pesto Pasta Primavera
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 package tempeh
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. jerk seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup greek olives
- 2½ cups tightly packed basil
- ½ cup pine nuts (pre-soaked)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon Juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ cup cold pressed olive oil
- water, as needed
- 1 package quinoa pasta
- Start by cutting your tempeh into half inch cubes. Place in a small mixing bowl and add all of the tempeh ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Next in a food processor, place all of the ingredients for the pesto leaving out the water. Process until smooth, and then add water to reach desired consistency. You don't want it to be too thick, as you're using it for a dressing.
- Next finely chop onions, broccoli and olives. Set olives aside and lightly sauté onions and broccoli over medium heat until onions become glossy and broccoli softens.
- While those are cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once Vegetables have been cooked, remove and set aside.
- Next place tempeh in pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. You are just warming the tempeh as it is already cooked.
- To assemble, pour the pesto into a large bowl with the noodles and stir well.
- Next add vegetables and olives to the large bowl. Lastly add tempeh and combine.
- Top with salt and pepper and an extra dash of olive oil!