Author: The Seasonal Diet
- ½ box brown rice lasagna noodles
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
- 2 medium parsnips
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. onion
- 2 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup spinach or arugula
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- nutritional yeast
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, process tahini and miso. Add a little water until a thick mixture is created. It will be around 2 - 3 Tbsp. but will depend on the brand of tahini you use. Set mixture aside.
- Next bring a medium pot of water to boil. Chop parsnips and add those to pot. Cook 3-5 minutes, they're done when you can pierce them with a fork. Once they are, drain and place them in a food processor.
- Fill up a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Back to the parsnips... add garlic, onion & rosemary to the food processor. Process until completely mashed and smooth. You may need to add a dash of water to get them to blend.
- Next slice zucchini into thin slices (use a mandolin if you have one). Once noodles are cooked you can start to layer. First do the sauce, then noodles, tahini mixture, parsnip mixture, zucchini, oregano and more sauce. Repeat layers again, saving a little sauce for on top.
- After the sauce is poured on top, add your fresh greens. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve right away with nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes if desired.