No Fry Stir-Fry
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- ½ head purple cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 sprigs green onion
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 package sprouted tofu
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ginger (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- sriracha sauce*
- red pepper flakes*
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add rice and stir. Cover and turn down to low, simmer for 40 minutes.
- Make dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to broil and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch slabs and press well to remove any excess water. Cut the slabs into ½-inch cubes and toss with ¼ of the dressing. Arrange the tofu on the baking sheet and broil for 4-5 minutes (depending on how hot your oven is). Rotate and broil for 4-5 minutes on the other side. Set aside.
- Next thinly chop cabbage (use a mandolin if you have one. Chop carrots, pepper, onion and avocado; add to a large bowl. Add pumpkin seeds and cooked tofu to bowl.
- Pour remaining dressing into vegetable and tofu mixture. Stir well and serve over hot rice.
- Top with sriracha or red pepper flakes if using.