Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1½ cups brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. flax meal
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil for pan
- In a medium sauce pan add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and add rice. Reduce heat and cover. Cook rice for 35 minutes.
- While rice cooks chop mushrooms and onions. Place in a frying pan and cook in tamari for about 5 minutes. Add to a large bowl.
- Mix together flax and water in a small bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Shred carrots and chop parsley. Add those to large bowl. Add spices and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil to large bowl.
- Once rice is finished cooking add 1½ cups of rice and flax egg to bowl. Mix and place contents into a food processor. Process until mixture is blended and sticks together.
- Oil frying pan and place on medium heat. Shape mixture into burgers and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Should make 6-8 burgers.
You’ll have leftover rice. Use it for a grain bowl the next day or eat it on the side.