Ok guys, don’t laugh, but I am seriously loving these measuring cups!
They’re from Zyliss and have this nifty little spot for your thumb. It sounds strange but they’re really comfortable to grip!
We started using Zyliss tools when we were teaching kids cooking classes as they have these super kid-friendly knives. I reached out to the company to learn more and they sent me these measuring cups, and ever since then these are the only ones I use.
One thing the marketing representative at Zyliss said about their company that really made sense to me is that they sell tools, not gadgets. Kitchen tools are things that help you become more efficient in the kitchen or help you get the job done. And gadgets are more like toys and aren’t always necessary.
These measuring cups are definitely a tool in our kitchen… a very comfortable tool that is;)
Ok, Ok… enough about the measuring cups…
These muffins are awesome! They’re free of dairy, gluten and refined sugar! This is a Seasonal Diet Recipe but it was so popular with our member’s we just had to share it.
We love a good muffin… especially one that includes, Cranberries, Chocolate Chips, Oatmeal, and little Flax….
Get your measuring cups out, it’s baking time!
Morning Muffin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop apple into small cubes, place in a frying pan and sauté with 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Cook until soft.
- Next mix together 2 Tbsp. of flax in a small dish with 6 Tbsp. of water and set aside.
- Next mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, remaining cinnamon and stir. Next add apple sauce, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the bowl, stir well until all is combined. Add flax mixture and stir again.
- Next fold in cooked apple, chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and fill evenly among the 12 liners.
- Cook muffins for 18 minutes. Allow to cool before eating!
This recipe is guaranteed to put a smile on your pretty little face…