Mexican Spaghetti Squash
Not the traditional way spaghetti squash is served, but traditions are meant to be broken. This is for true Mexican food lovers! Benefit: Minerals. Spaghetti Squash is loaded with minerals, one of our favorites is magnesium which regulates hormones and keeps stress in check!
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 can (14oz) refried beans, low fat
- 1 container salsa
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed w/ sea salt
- coconut oil
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 container coconut yogurt, plain/unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and guts.
- Lightly oil the inside of the squash and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes. (really depends on how warm your oven is)
- Warm your refried beans in a pot on low while squash cooks, adding water as necessary.
- Once squash is cooked and soft, lightly rake inside of squash with a fork to loosen up.
- Add warm refried beans, a scoop of yogurt, avocado, salsa, cilantro, nutritional yeast and hot sauce inside the squash and dig in.