Mexican Beach Salad
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ¼ onion
- 2 celery ribs
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ head green cabbage
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup tahini
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa (for additional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop sweet potatoes into small cubes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, chop onion, celery, parsley, spinach and avocado. Add all to a large bowl.
- Next thinly shred cabbage (food processor with grater attachment works well). Add this to a large bowl. Once sweet potatoes are done cooking, place them in fridge for 15-20 minutes to cool.
- While sweet potatoes are cooling, whip up the dressing. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl (will be thick), set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from fridge, add them to large bowl with vegetables and mix well.
- Add dressing to large bowl, use hands to massage it into the salad.
- Serve topped with salsa.
Stores well in fridge with dressing mixed in. Leave salsa out until ready to eat!