Macho Burrito Bowl
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 large reed or 2 small avocados
- 1 (14 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. coconut sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash cayenne
- ⅛ tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add rice, turn to low and cook for 35 minutes.
- While rice cooks chop lettuce, cucumber, and cilantro. Place ingredients into bowls, depending on how many you are serving.
- Next mash avocado and add salt and garlic powder, stir well and add a scoop of mashed avocado to the side of the bowl or bowls.
- Drain and rinse beans and add those to bowls.
- To make the sauce, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour sauce over the salads.
- Once rice is done, divide rice among the bowls.
- Serve right away, add hot sauce to spice it up.