Macadamia Fennel Salad
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 fennel bulb
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 large avocado
- 1 Tbsp. shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 dash of pepper
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed oil
- ¼ tsp. coconut sugar (or other sugar)
- Chop lettuce and add to a large bowl with cranberries.
- Next chop your avocado in to small cubes and your macadamia nuts in half. Place those in the bowl. Thinly slice fennel bulb, use a mandolin to get very thin slices. Add those to large bowl.
- Next mince shallot extra small and add it along with all other dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Just before you are ready to serve, pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add black pepper if desired and serve.