Lemon Chili Cornbread
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1½ cups organic corn meal
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small can green chilies
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (try almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp. zested lemongrass (cut open length-wise first and zest inside)
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil an 8"x8" glass baking dish.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt and stir well.
- Next add coconut oil (may have to melt it first), non-dairy milk, chili's and zested lemongrass. Stir everything together until it's all blended.
- Pour into prepared baking sheet and smooth out. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.