Kabocha Pot Pie
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 kabocha squash
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked)
- 3 leafs of chard
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- ½ an onion
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 biscuit recipe (see below)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut Squash in half and scoop out the seeds and a little flesh to create a nice bowl. Oil inside of squash with coconut oil and place face down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While squash is baking, prepare a biscuit recipe, but don't bake the biscuits yet, just mix it together and set aside.
- Next drain macadamia nuts, place in a high speed blender with ¾ cup of vegetable broth, garlic and miso paste. Blend until smooth but still thick. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Next, chop chard, mushrooms, onions and carrots; sauté them in a large pan over medium sauce pan with remaining vegetable broth. Cook until carrots soften, then pour vegetables in with sauce mixture, mix well to combine.
- Remove squash when finished cooking and place vegetable mixture into each of the squash halves.
- Top the squash with uncooked biscuit mixture and bake biscuits on top of squash.
- Bake according to the time and temperature on the biscuit recipe.
- Serve hot!