Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 3 Tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cups brussels sprouts
- ½ cup pecans
- 1-2 dashes dried thyme
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- Wash and chop brussels sprouts into quarters. Place water in large frying pan and heat to medium. Place sprouts in pan with water and allow sprouts to soften up. Cook until water is absorbed.
- Next add shallots and coconut oil to pan and cook with the sprouts, stirring often.
- While they continue to cook, mix up thyme, maple syrup and dijon in a small bowl. Pour mixture over brussels sprouts and stir.
- Next chop pecans in half and add those to the mixture.
- Cook until sprouts are soft and pecans are toasted.