The Hippy Bowl
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 small onion (bulb of spring onion)
- 1 Tbsp. dried herbs (basil, thyme)
- 1 package sprouted tofu
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 carrot, shredded
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat add water and bring to a boil.
- Chop zucchini and onion. Place quinoa, zucchini, onion and dried herbs in boiling water. Stir, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, set oven to broil. In a 9x9 Pyrex add tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic & rice vinegar and stir.
- Next open tofu and slice in half length- wise. Next chop the tofu into ½ inch cubes. Place tofu in Pyrex with hands and coat tofu until all the liquid is absorbed. Place in oven for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes take out and flip over/ rotate. Cook for 7 more minutes.
- To assemble, place a scoop of quinoa in a bowl, top with a splash of tamari and diced tomatoes & shredded carrots.
- Place tofu on top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.