Grilled Fruit Salad
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 container strawberries
- 2 oranges
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 avocados
- balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper
- wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 5 minutes so they don't burn when placed on the grill.
- Wash strawberries and remove green tops. Peel and segment oranges. Place strawberries and oranges on wooden skewers. Heat grill.
- Once grill is hot, place strawberry and orange skewers on grill. Cook for 3- 5 minutes, then rotate and cook for another 3-5 minutes. You want them to get juicy with a few marks, but not burned. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- While fruit is cooling. Wash and chop butter lettuce, you want the lettuce to be very fine. Add to a large bowl. Dice the avocado and add that to the large bowl.
- Remove strawberries and oranges from skewers and chop into bite sized pieces. Add those to the large bowl. Mix the salad and divide into smaller bowls.
- Top with balsamic, sea salt and pepper.