The Green Burrito
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 4 leaves of chard (+1-2 just in case you rip them) (or you can use gluten free wraps instead)
- ½ a butternut squash, baked and cooled (left overs are perfect)
- 2 cups black-eyed peas or black beans
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Trim the chard leaves so they are easy to work with, we like to remove the stems and only work with the leaves.
- In a food processor, process all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Get one chard leaf or wraps, and place a few spoonfuls of butternut squash, then beans, then tomato, then avocado, and top with sauce.
- Roll up as best you can, these will be messy!