Gorgeous Green Hemp Salad
Author: The Seasonal Diet
Serves: 2 Lg Salads
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 large beet
- 2 large carrots
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 large satsuma (or orange if no satsumas)
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint (about 15 leaves)
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- Turn oven to broil.
- Chop up carrots and beets into small bite-sized cubes, place them in a bowl and toss with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay out the beets and carrots on a baking sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out, flip and taste. If still hard, cook for another 5 minutes. Keep doing that until they are soft and roasted, but not burnt (it took 10 minutes for ours, but will depend on oven and size of beets/carrots)
- Then add remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl, add cooked beets and carrots.
- Next make dressing, place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing, add more salt and pepper if needed.
Feel free to add chopped nuts or seeds for an added crunch.