Crisp Sesame Spring Salad
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed and chopped into bit-size pieces
- 1 (4 oz) package of sprouted tofu
- ½ cup Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- Coconut Oil
- half a lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
- Turn oven to broil.
- Cut tofu in half and press it with a tofu press or paper towels to get the extra water out. Cut tofu into small cubes and toss in a little bit of tamari. Let it absorb as much of it as possible.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and let sit for 1 minute. Flip and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, place Brussels sprouts and asparagus in a large frying pan, add a little water and turn to high - this is to lightly steam the vegetables.
- Once water has steamed away, about 3 minutes, add sesame oil and a dash of tamari and start to sauté Brussels sprouts and asparagus.
- Continue cooking until soft, about 6- 8 minutes, if you need more oil add coconut oil.
- Next, add all of your raw fruits and vegetables to a large bowl, including almonds.
- Once tofu, Brussels sprouts and asparagus are done, add those to the salad bowl.
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad when ready to serve.