Coconut Curry Soup
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cucumber, chopped in chunks
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- ground pepper to taste
- qunioa or brown rice (cooked)
- In a small sauce pan or rice cooker, prepare Quinoa/brown rice. Use ratio 1 cup rice to 2 cups water. Bring water and rice to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 20-30 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Chop sweet potatoes into ½" cubes & dice onion.
- While grains are cooking, in a large soup pot mix all ingredients together, leaving out cucumber and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 more minutes.
- Use immersion blender to 'cream' 75% of the vegetables. You can also scoop ¾'s of the 'chunky stuff' into a blender. Blend and return contents back into soup pot.
- Next add cucumber chunks and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir and season with black pepper.
- Serve soup over a scoop of cooked brown rice or quinoa.