I remember the first time I had a sweet potato fry, it was greasy, crispy, sweet and salty. It was love at first bite (don’t worry, my standards have changed since then)
If you have not jumped on the sweet potato wagon, let me help…..
- Sweet potatoes contain twice the amount of fiber as regular potatoes
- Sweet potatoes contain a large amount of vitamin B6 which keep arteries clear and blood flowing freely
- Sweet potatoes contain potassium, Vitamin C & E and Beta Carotene – all great for glowing skin, beautiful hair and nails
And if that doesn’t convince you to try these baked sweet potato fries, they’re also crispy and rich – yet totally vegan and gluten-free!
In my opinion, the perfect baked sweet potato fries need just 2 things: flavor & texture. These fries hit the mark in both categories.
These fries are seasoned with dried basil, oregano, hemp seeds, coconut oil, sea salt, garlic and cooked at the perfect temperature for just the right amount of time!
Oh and they are so easy to make, I can get them in the oven in 10 minutes, bake them for 35, and next thing I know… they are gone!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Hemp Seeds
- 2 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (we use Nutiva)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 dash of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil ( We use Nutiva for this also)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wash sweet potatoes, then cut in half length wise.
Next cut into thin fry-like strips. Place cut fries into a large bowl.
Next peel and chop garlic, add that to a large bowl.
Next add hemp seeds, basil, oregano, sea salt and coconut oil into bowl.
Using your hands, mix and massage everything together.
On 2 baking sheets lay out flat sweet potatoes, not too close together.
Sprinkle remaining mixture that did not stick to fries back over the top.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Have you made your own Sweet potato fries? How did they turn out?