Apricot Mint Quinoa
Author: The Seasonal Diet
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 spring onion (just the bulb)
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once broth starts boiling add quinoa. Stir, cover and turn down to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, chop zucchini and onion and add those to a large sauce pan. Cook on medium low.
- Chop tomatoes and add those to a large bowl. Juice lime into the bowl and add in chopped mint.
- Chop almonds, apricots, basil and pumpkin seeds and add those to the pan with the zucchini and onion. Turn heat down to low and keep stirring the pan.
- Once all is heated and warmed, add this mixture to the large bowl.
- Once quinoa is cooked add it to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Add salt and pepper, stir again - then serve or store.